Why Sellers Choose Me
Once you are working with me, it is important to know exactly our relationship. Ask me as many questions as you need. The questions below are a good place to start.
· What is “Agency,” and why is it important?
· What are the benefits of having you represent me as my agent?
· How do you differ from other seller’s agents?
· Do you keep personal and financial information about me confidential?
· What are my responsibilities as your client?
Agent Education, Experience Critical
When working with a real estate agent, it's critical that you have full confidence in that agent's experience and education. A skilled, knowledgeable agent should be able to explain to you exactly why your home needs to be priced at a certain level — compared to recent listings and sales of homes similar to yours.
Experienced agents also know exactly what the current pool of buyers are looking for in relation to particular styles and price ranges of properties. A skilled agent can recommend changes that will enhance the salability of your home, thus increasing the price — and/or decreasing the length of time before a sale.
What Can I Do for You?
If you are thinking of selling your home, chances are you're caught up in a variety of emotions. You may be facing the uncertainty of a major move far from the Pioneer Valley or looking forward to moving to a home in Amherst or the surrounding area. You may be reluctant to leave your home and memories behind or eager to start a new and exciting adventure. Either way, I strive to make the whole process as stress-free as possible by providing excellent service backed up with great marketing and superior negotiating skills. My goal is to make your move financially successful as well as stress-free. Remember, I realize my business is based on service and I aim to please. I am here to help you with any of your needs. Call me direct (413) 535-8610, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regardless of the price of your home or investment property, frequently it is a significant portion of an asset portfolio. As such, it should be treated with the same care and approach to professional management as one would give any other major asset.
Many real estate agents like to list property, however, not all of them have educated themselves as I have over the years to market inventory, and alternative methods of driving buyer traffic to your home to accomplish a top sales price. My best sellers are educated ones, and I take the time to explain market conditions and how I work to build a collaborative partnership that promotes a successful marketing and sales plan.
Anyone can put an ad in the paper or put a sign on a lawn; the truth is these activities are designed to make brokerage office phones ring, but they don't sell real estate. I pride myself on developing a property-specific marketing plan that makes use of all venues available to ensure your best and highest price with the least amount of inconvenience.
As a local full-time professional Realtor I've enjoyed many years in the top 10% of agents in the Upper Pioneer Valley. I offer you a reliable track record of home sales with a minimum of inconvenience and disruption. I want you to get the maximum value for your home, within YOUR time frame.
My extensive marketing of your home assures you of maximum value. For example, my web site -- www.jimlumley.com -- will market your property all across the web. It will appear on Yahoo Real Estate, Microsoft MSN HomeAdvisor, Realtor.com and other top national sites. I can place your home on my web site within a few minutes time!
Call or email me anytime. Ask for a complimentary, no obligation, confidential property analysis and business proposal to determine current value of your property and demonstrate to you how I do my business. I will be grateful for the opportunity to visit your property, and present you a plan that details exactly how I will market your home. Again, there is no cost or obligation. It is part of my job as a top real estate agent to offer you this service.
Get the Straight Facts About What Can Make or Break the Sale of Your Home. Choose a Top Realtor.
Selling your home is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. How much is it REALLY worth? How long will it take to sell? How do you handle buyers making undesirable offers?
As a top Realtor with years of experience and a proven track record, it is my job to guide you through this complicated process, from beginning to end. I want you to get the maximum value for your home, within YOUR time frame. Here are just some of the things that I will do to market and sell your home:
· Buyers want to buy your home for as little as possible! Through detailed comparisons between your home and recently sold homes, and other properties currently on the market, together we can determine what your home is really worth in today's market. In the industry this is called a Comparative Market Analysis or CMA. I will do this for you, for free.
· Buyers have their own timelines, which might not be yours! I make sure they don't waste your time by qualifying them as to their real ability to afford your home.
· More buyers interested in your home means more money in your pocket when it is sold. My extensive marketing of your home assures you of maximum value. For example, this Web site will market your property all across the web. It will appear on Yahoo Real Estate, Microsoft MSN HomeAdvisor, and other top national sites. I can place your home on my Web site within a few minutes time!
· When we begin marketing your home, I will immediately notify all the buyers that I am helping find their ideal home. I'll also notify all the Realtors in this area that I work with, who quickly tell their homebuyers. It is a powerful way to jump start the sale of your home!
· You and I will walk through your home together. I will advise you how to present your property to maximize its selling price. Some improvements are worth it, and some are not! Be careful.
· Contracts are complicated, and intimidating. You don't want to go to a closing with some doubts. You will have the full benefit of my real estate experience and knowledge for a smooth and successful closing. I recommend that you do not sign on any dotted lines without asking me first.
· I will make sure you conform to any and all State statutory disclosure requirements. I will also inform you of any inspections that you should consider having done ahead of time to smooth the negotiating process with buyers, and to ensure a successful escrow and closing.
You pay no up front costs for my services! So you can bet that I will work hard to get your home sold, for as much as this market will possibly bear. I will also work within your time frame and your needs. For example, sometimes it can be hard to sell and move out of your current home, and buy and move into a new home, all at the same time! I can help smooth this out.
Call or email me. Ask for a free Market Analysis. I will come to your home or office, and present you a plan that details exactly how I will market your home. There is absolutely no obligation so don't let this opportunity pass. It is part of my job as a top real estate agent to offer you this service.
If you haven't already, please fill out the Market Analysis form. Tell me a bit about your house, and your particular needs, and I'll get back to you quickly...
How Do I Work?
As a consumer in the real estate market, you will benefit from my services throughout the home selling process.
I spend most of their time...
• Counseling buyers and sellers
• Showing homes to buyers
• Marketing current listings
• Monitoring transactions from purchase to closing
• Previewing homes for buyers and sellers
• Holding "Open Houses"
• Researching mortgage financing options
• Keeping informed of current market trends
• Understanding legal issues that affect Real Estate
• Continuing professional education
All of this activity is done with a desire to earn your loyalty and to build a personal reputation for the highest quality professional service available. Without question, the Real Estate business is a people business.
As a Licensed Realtor®, I will prove that my “30-day” Marketing Plan can really work for you.
Other reasons to chose me:
· I am an experienced negotiator.
· I will bring attention to your house by marketing it on the internet.
· I will find qualified buyers through the internet.
· I will coordinate advertising and marketing directly to the other Realtors.
· I provide professional service with weekly feedback on showings.
Jim Lumley, Realtor
"Service that exceeds expectation" is just one description of this lead agent of home sales in Amherst and other towns in the Upper Pioneer Valley. Jim has proven his ability to bring buyers and sellers together. Buyers can depend on Jim to work diligently in finding the right property, negotiating on their behalf and navigating smoothly through the closing process. Sellers will find Jim’s approach of developing, customizing and implementing a marketing plan, immobilizes the real estate market, turning competitors into cooperators, causing their home to sell. Jim is results-oriented, whether you are looking to buy, sell or invest in Pioneer Valley Real Estate.
Jim has resided in the Amherst area all his life and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Massachusetts. He started in the real estate business in 1965 by forming Town & Country Realtors. Over the years Jim has won numerous sales awards and has won the prestigious “Realtor of the Year” award. Jim has gone above and beyond traditional real estate courses by seeking professional development and expertise in areas such as Creative Finance, Real Estate Practice, Economics, and Taxation. Jim is a member of the National Association of Realtors and the Pioneer Valley Realtor Association. He is a former director of the state association of Massachusetts Realtor. Jim is currently on the non-profit boards of Interfaith Housing and Craig’s Doors – the Amherst Homeless Housing Initiative. Jim is on the Pelham Community Preservation Committee as well as Chairperson of the Pelham Housing Committee. Jim is also known as a landscape painter and instructor of painting workshops.
When you are buying or selling property in today’s real estate market, it’s important to have confidence in your real estate professional. My commitment as your local REALTOR™ is to provide you with the specialized real estate service you deserve.
When you are an informed buyer or seller, you’ll make the best decisions for the most important purchase or sale in your lifetime. That’s why my goal is to keep you informed on trends in the marketplace using the latest statistics in your local area. With property values continuing to rise, real estate is a sound investment for now and for the future.
As a local area expert with knowledge of the communities, my objective is to work diligently to assist you in meeting your real estate goals.
If you are considering buying or selling a home or would just like to have additional information about real estate in your area, please don’t hesitate to call 413-535-8610 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
Certifications and Recognitions
Since the merger of Realtor associations, the new Realtor Association of the Pioneer Valley for the last several years has awarded me the highest group award "gold" winner based on the high number of buyers and sellers I brought together. I am also a former Hampshire County "Realtor of the Year." Over the years I have won many other awards but the one just mentioned means the most to me as it was the judgment of my peers. My latest book, Five Magic Paths to Making a Fortune in Real Estate, was honored by the New York Times as one their ten best real estate books for 2000.... At the request of the publisher, John Wiley & Sons, this book was revised in 2004 with new sections on tax-deferred exchanges and the latest on real estate tax law.
I specialize in representing my clients in the purchases and sales of single- and multi-family residences within the towns of Amherst, Hadley, Pelham, Shutesbury, Leverett, Sunderland, Deerfield, and Belchertown. I keep current on available properties in these areas, and I'm knowledgeable about the local schools.
I'm an Amherst native. My youth was filled with extra-curricular activities centered around Boy Scouts and running track. I graduated from the University of Massachusetts with a degree in English. Lifelong passions include painting and drawing (www.jameslumley.com) and tending the family homestead, Lilacland (www.jameslumley.com/lilacland.html), which is open to the public during the May blooming time for lilacs. Please come and visit.